Sunday, April 20, 2014

Finding an Excel (XLSX) Generation/Library for .NET (C#)

I've been trying to generate an XLSX document in Excel but so far not getting anywhere.

  • Excel COM/Interop - I'm not 100% sure but I think in order for anyone to be able to use this, they would need a version of Excel installed... so no, I don't want any MS Office dependencies...
  • EPPlus - Looks buggy, after partially generating the first row, all subsequent changes never get put into the document...  Actually I screwed up and ommitted 1 line of code in an iterator function.... 0rz 
  • MS OpenXML SDK - I don't know if it's just me but the documentations are horrible and no working sample programs are provided. I spent an hour trying to use it and integrated it into my project, but after it finished generating the files, Excel says it's corrupt....
  • SimplExcel - This one works as well although you need to get it from NuGet which may be a bit of a hassle. It is, however, the easiest to use out of all the ones I tried. The documentation is also very clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment