Friday, January 2, 2015

Android Phone Keeps Rebooting When Powering Off

I've noticed a few times that when I try to turn off the phone with the Shut Down button, it restarts instead. I'm guessing there's some software bug which may or may not be related to my rooting the phone.

The reason I need to shutdown is because either because I'm low on power and I need to save what's left or it doesn't charge when plugged in... 

Usually, the "Power Off" command doesn't work so I would take out the battery, forcing it off. However, I have to take the phone out of the case and even then it's not the easiest thing to do when you're standing on a train (and you need to turn it off to save whatever power is remaining).

Well if you're rooted, you can restart into BootLoader (precise steps vary, but CyanogenMod has an Advanced Reboot menu where I can just tell it to restart into BootLoader). Once rebooted, one of the options is "Power Off". Selecting that seems to do it... which also suggests it's an OS related issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment