Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hello

Just realized in haven't introduced myself yet...

I am a self-taught programmer, been doing it since I was 7 and now I am in my mid-20s so that's like 15+ years of experience... kind of, programming as a 7 year old is not the same as on-the-job experience. But then again there are lot's of things that you don't pick up from school or the job like good coding habits and how to approach new problems or learn new skills, the latter is probably a very good skill to have.

Anyway, this blog will mostly be on Tech and may be some what technical, but that's pretty much because most of what I'm interested is technology/coding related. Occasionally I will write about other things, pretty much whatever comes to mind.

This is actually a really old blog, resurrected several times and then dying again... I actually started a few new blogs that were fairly narrow in nature, but in the end, wanted to be able to write about many different things and didn't feel like managing 3 separate sites... so I am back here again (because the name is most fitting).


One purpose of the other blog was to share some applications I wrote so they would potentially not just end up collecting digital dust on my hard drive or in GitHub,

Some of the programs aren't too polished but it'll get there when I have some time and interest to spare. I tend to code in bursts and whenever I think of something new to add and get around to adding it.

Feel free to drop me a comment either here or on GitHub about what you think, bugs, or anything else.

Oh and here's a brief CV:

Things I know well:

Windows, C# and WPF; Java; PHP, SQL, Web Servers, JavaScript, JSON, XML, HTML/CSS, process automation

...And the long tail, things I've dabbled in:

Linux, node.js, Backbone, Android, Scala, Clojure, WinDbg, reverse engineering/porting (ILSpy), Ant/Nant, Moq, NUnit

...and trying to figure out: Investing

No comments:

Post a Comment