Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Keeping It Simple

Complexity is a great demotivator... For example:

Complexity: You have a 40 minute manual build/deployment process where a single error will set you back to the beginning? You're not going to doing builds too often and when you do, it will contain a large number of changes which if any issues arise will be some times be impossible to figure out what the root cause.

Solution? Automate the deployment process as much as possible. (NAnt, Ant, write some utility programs)


Complexity: You keep your shopping, to-do list, or a large amount of important information in your head. I guarantee you will forgot things and drive other people mad.

Solution? Write things down and organize them, because if you can't find it, it's the same as not writing it down... which leads to...


Complexity: You keep things everywhere in an unorganized manner such that it takes much longer than necessary to find things when you need them.

Solution? Find or develop some organization system with fixed rules which significantly narrows the area you need to look in.


Complexity: You have way too many blogs such that it you spend so much time trying to decide which one to post in that you don't post anything at all (Raises hand)

Solution? Well so far I decided to just pick one and move all the other content here. I'm still figuring it out...

Update... Yea so on this one, apparently I couldn't make up my mind and for some other reasons, now I moved again... (I promise this will be the last time... I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment