Saturday, October 3, 2015

Is Apple's Revolutionary New Features Really That Revolutionary?

Lately Apple is once again at it hyping new features such as 3D Force as a new feature that will change the way people use devices.

The sensitive touch is kind of nice and Apple has introduced new hardware such as fingerprint scanner which may be a nice addition but this 3D Force thing seems like its fixing it's own problem...

Similar to how it was hyping Folders for it's iOS 4 a long time ago.

For these, all I want to say is "Hey Apple welcome to the party, thanks for catching up to the times!"
Back then Android already used folders and the jailbreak community had that as well.

Back to 3D Force, I am usually an Android user but wanted to do some e-book reading and note taking on the iPad since it is more suitable, bigger screen.

Google has standards about what a long-press and other common actions should do and usually the developers follow these because it makes intuitive sense to them...

Apple... there are no standards and their apps are the worst offenders of all....

Take Photos. I take screen shots of my notes and highlights while I read and then round them up and upload to Google Drive. But I review these before that in the app.

Sometimes I have duplicates and so I open the app and see the photos... but to Delete them I can just long-press...

No I have to click on the "Select" button on top... then select the images I want to delete and then click on a Delete or Trash icon...

Android? Just long press and it goes into Selection mode where I can multi-select and then choose a Delete action which is now in the action bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment