Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Cost of Eating Healthy is Not as Steep as I Thought...

For lunch at work I always buy, mostly because I really can't make my own the night before and don't like eating left over dinner.

I use to (grammar...) eat at Panera and griped about how much it cost: $7-8 per sandwich, $4 for a soup… other restaurants are similar or even more expensive probably because the area has a lot of banks.

A month ago, I came across a huge sheet of coupons for a fast food restaurant and have been pretty much eating that for lunch up to now. $4 gets me 2 burgers and fries!

However... I just realized a correlation. Lately my productivity has plummeted... Brain kind of feels like mush at work. Also my motivation for doing personal work like coding, learning algo, and blogging (yea...) have been near zero. Even watching TV feels like a chore.

So to confirm the hypothesis, I ate at Panera on Friday, and it seems to be working. I wrote this post! However, this is rather short and I'm writing it at 12 AM (ideal blogging hour?)... and editing at 9AM while sitting outside (so maybe it's just the fact of having nothing else to do and I wasn't really tired last night).

Another benefit I guess is since you are paying so much, you may feel richer. I think there's the saying: you are what you think/believe/do.

So if you believe you are rich and act like it, you will become rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment