Sunday, January 3, 2016

A New Year

I’ve been in a very bad mood lately as lots of unhappy things have been going on these few months unfortunately and also why I didn't blog again. I also seemed to have been burned out as well, because of these and also like 4 weeks of studying algorithms.

I think a sign of burnout is that things that you usually are interested in… no longer interest you or bring you happiness, fulfillment. For me, I like being productive and efficient but coding, reading nonfiction books, surfing Quora and news sites, and even watching my favorite TV felt…. Meh. 

And so these last 3 days in decided to take a “vacation”: none/very little productivity and huge doses of fun. Winter makes that harder... hence the Taiwanese drama binge. 

Yes… more TV but I haven’t watched this genre for over a year and had a few that I hadn’t gotten around to watching… It’s been 10 hours already and may still go…. I forgot how funny they were and that’s the big thing. They also have great music but I can no longer hear them… :( but still a good recharge... I think… we’ll see… tomorrow…

But that’s the thing… you’re emotions and mood set your tone towards things around you.

Law of Attraction, self-fulfilling prophecies, positive thinking, whatever you call them… I can say it’s quite true. After going into a better mood… I feel better now, feel like I might be able to do something again…

It feels like I hit a RESET and now time for A New Year!

Now back to binging…. This is the dangerous part of Taiwanese dramas and maybe binging in general... once you start… you may not be able to stop… easily. 




No comments:

Post a Comment