Thursday, January 7, 2016

Candidates for 2016 US Presidential Election

So given how the US seems to be going to s -- uhm -- pieces, I figured I might care a bit more about this the Election since I am now registered to vote. I'm still not too sure what I want though but it seems to be a choice between anarchy and more anarchy....

What happened to bipartisanship, cooperation, and compromise? What are these politicians... 5 year olds that just go "me, me, me..." all day?

Anyway back to the topic at hand, I was looking for a cheat sheet where I could compare all the candidates views and other info.... I couldn't really find one. I did find insidegov.com although it's really slow, has ads, and can't seem to compare all the candidates in a single side-by-side way...

Also each page seems to be 2MB large... What? Probably all the ads and tracking...

Anyway, I was also itching to do some programming and use some stuff I'd been learning from reading algorithm books last month... so I wrote a program that extracts all the info (that can be easily gotten), organizes into a SxS, and dumps it into Excel:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwHjtARwf-GFWEV6cENNUFRBQXc

This is a summary view and there's more detailed information on the site but.... I have other things to do at the moment...


No comments:

Post a Comment